Monday, March 10, 2014

Tree and LinkedList

In these few weeks, we learned about LinkedList object and Tree object. I have met several type of Tree representation such as TreeList - a list of lists, binary Tree - a class contains root and children, and also binary search tree - something that I need to work on now. These different objects give me a lot of opportunities to understand python more. My passion in computer science keeps on growing because of this, too.
In lab, I finally met a fixed partner where I don't need to switch every time I go. And we help each other a lot. Unlike me, she is quite having a tough time with this course. However, she caught things up very fast after I explained some abstract concepts to her. I found it difficult while dealing with the Queue class implemented with the LinkedList. The enqueue and dequeue methods take us a lot of time that we can'y finish the whole assignment. It's quite challenging since we need to figure out which end of the LinkedList we should be doing the enqueue or dequeue. Basically, I think LinkedList is like a nested list, and we need to go very deep of it to look for the tail and do enqueue or dequeue methods. That's the hardest part to solve this puzzle.

The first test result wasn't ideal. I consider myself as a qualified candidate for the admission of ComSci. However, the test result gave me a warning. I should try harder and think deeper in the next few weeks. Hopefully, I can reach my goal in the upcoming test and exam.

You can do it, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment